BECOME MORE ACTIVE, ENERGIZED AND EMPOWERED
EnhanceFitness, an evidence-based group exercise program, helps older adults at all levels of fitness become more active, energized, and empowered to sustain independent lives. This class uses simple, easy-to-learn movements that motivate individuals to stay active. Each class session focuses on healthy heart exercises, strength training, balance, and flexibility – everything adults need to maintain health and function as they age.
With regular involvement, EnhanceFitness participants soon find themselves able to do the things they want to do, safely and independently. Participants say they feel better physically and see a boost in their activity levels. Also, they share it helps to elevate their mood and prevent depression.
EnhanceFitness is geared toward older adults with chronic conditions, such as arthritis and those who have limited mobility. In a class setting, participants work at their own pace to increase strength, grow stronger, improve balance and become more limber. In a typical class, participants will experience:
- A certified instructor with special training in bringing out the physical best from older adults
- A 5-minute warm-up to get the blood flowing to the muscles
- A 20-minute aerobics workout that gets participants moving, or a walking workout to lively music that the class chooses
- A 5-minute cool-down
- A 20-minute strength training workout with soft ankle and wrist weights (0 up to 20 pounds)
- A 10-minute stretching workout to keep the muscles flexible
- Balance exercises throughout the class
- Chairs are available for those who may need support
- Lots of opportunities for participants to make new friends and acquaintances
Find a Class
EnhanceFitness is a Group Exercise class and is for members only. To participate in a class, simply find when your desired branch offers the class and come at that time.